Quantum Technologies for Engineering
Available Positions in the
We are hiring and are excited that you are thinking of joining us!
Read on for more details about our current job openings.
24 Jul 2023
We are looking for an experimental research scientist to join the development of an integrated quantum photonics platform, with a focus on integrated single-photon detectors. The scientist will be heavily involved in developing the device designs, building up our opto-electronics testing capabilities, and eventual device packaging and deployment. The successful candidate will work on the following:
• Design and develop photonics-integrated photodetectors and other silicon photonics devices
• Perform and/or oversee device fabrication processes
• Design, construct, and automate opto-electronic test stations for device testing
• Experimentally characterize fabricated devices (bare chips and packaged devices)
• Design and integrate control circuitry for operating integrated single-photon detector devices
• Integrate, develop, and test a wider integrated quantum photonics platform
• Relevant PhD degree in a Physics or Engineering field
• Background in experimental optics and/or electronics
• Able to independently plan and execute research work
• Ability to program (especially Python) lab equipment for testing automation
• Direct experience with photonics/photodetectors is desirable
• Familiarity with circuit/PCB design, high-speed electronics, mechanical design, and machining is desirable
• Ability to communicate and work closely with team members
If you would like to learn more about this position, please contact
To learn more about opportunities at QTE, please get in touch.
Note that all applications and supporting materials must be officially submitted through the A*STAR Career Portal (position-specific links are in the last line of each posting above).